Adriatic Governance Operational Plan
- Priority and Measure
Measure 1.4 – Institutional Cooperation
Priority 1 – Economic, social and institutional cooperation
- EUSAIR Pillars
- Type of Project
- Francesco Cocco
- Interviewee role
- Project Coordinator
- Molise Region
- +39 338 7369792
- Project website
- website expired
- Budget in euros
|Role||Name||City||Country||Contact person||Email / website|
|Lead Partner||Molise Region||Campobasso||Italy||Francesco Coccofirstname.lastname@example.org www.regione.molise.it|
|Partner 1||Region of Istria||Pula||Croatia||Patrizia Bosichemail@example.com / www.istra-istria.hr|
|Partner 2||Regional Development Agency Dubrovnik Neretva County - DUNEA IIc||Dubrovnik||Croatia||Helena Brcicfirstname.lastname@example.org / www.dunea.hr|
|Partner 3||Puglia Region - Area of policies for the promotion of territory, knowledge and talents||Bari||Italy||Fausto Savoiaemail@example.com www.regione.puglia.it|
|Partner 4||Municipality of Kotor||Kotor||Montenegro||Lena Pasinovicfirstname.lastname@example.org www.opstinakotor.com|
|Partner 5||Region of Marche – Regional Authorities of Marche, Internationalization- Culture- Tourism- Trade Service||Ancona||Italy||Marina Mauriziemail@example.com www.regione.marche.it|
|Partner 6||Informest - Service and Documentation Centre for International Cooperation - Development Projects Department||Gorizia||Italy||Vanessa Sansonfirstname.lastname@example.org www.informest.it|
|Partner 7||Veneto Region - Department for International Relations||Venezia||Italy||Alessandra Valerioemail@example.com www.regione.veneto.it|
|Partner 8||Region Abruzzo||L’Aquila||Italy||Rosanna Mattosciofirstname.lastname@example.org www.regione.abruzzo.it|
|Partner 9||Region of Epirus||Ioannina||Greece||Katerina Siaplaouraemail@example.com / www.php.gov.gr|
|Partner 10||Emilia Romagna Region – General Directorate of Territorial Planning and Agreements, European and International Affairs||Bologna||Italy||Elena Taglianifirstname.lastname@example.org www.regione.emilia-romagna.it|
|Partner 11||Regional Council of Shkodra||Shkodra||Albania||Andrea Jakovaemail@example.com www.qarkushkoder.gov.al/sq|
|Partner 12||Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of the Herzegovina-Neretva Canton||Mostar||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Kristina Crniacfirstname.lastname@example.org www.vlada-hnz-k.ba|
ADRIGOV project was aimed at enhancing the cross-border cooperation in the Ionian Adriatic Area through the definition of an Adriatic Governance Operational Plan, the promotion of an effective and shared model of governance, the dissemination and identification of best practices, and the promotion of joint initiatives. Led by Molise Region, it involved 13 regional authorities, which started the project initiative thanks to their membership to the Adriatic-Ionian Euroregion. The Project also contributed to strengthening the competitiveness within a context of sustainable development in the area of the Adriatic-Ionian Macro-Region, as well as to preparing the Adriatic Ionian Area for a future enlargement of the European Union.
What has been done during the project in order to achieve its main goal(s)?
The main project goals were achieved through many actions and activities, i.e.:
- Establishment of a center for EU and international cooperation in Istria (HR) where participants from partner regions had the opportunity to participate in workshops regarding different topics;
- Tailor made cycle of education for regional public administration staff on themes such as EU funds, EU projects, PCM methodology, Structural Funds, Cohesion Fund, 2014-2020 Programming Period;
- Training sessions on human rights and multilevel governance for civil servants and other target group;
- Events and workshops organized within the Thematic Commissions and involving public authorities, academic and research institutions, civil society and international organizations, aimed to provide a common position and contributions to the ongoing EUSAIR consultation process; shared recommendations and contributions to EUSAIR consultation were sent to the European Commission;
- Improvement of the capacity of the partnership and regional stakeholders to deal with the macro-regional issues and instruments, the EUSAIR process and the multilevel governance in general;
- Creation of a permanent network, open to public administration officers and researchers, named “Regional lab on macro-regional issues”, which contributed to the definition of the strategic contents of the EUSAIR from the local/regional authorities point of view, as well as from the academic point of view;
- A comparative analysis on SMEs and FDI development in IPA Countries was conducted and presented in May 2014. This analysis provided an overview on the existing supporting measures (in CBC programmes and other international donor financing) for SMEs development and FDI attraction in IPA Countries;
- Production of the video “Raising Awareness about the EU benefits among citizens” and of a video documentary on Adrigov Project and EUSAIR Pillars; production of documents and publications.
Which are the project main results/impacts?
Center for EU and international cooperation in Istria where several trainings sessions were delivered on different topics (such as EU funds, EU projects, PCM methodology, Structural Funds and Cohesion Fund, Human rights, Multilevel Governance, etc.) for more than 800 stakeholder and representatives of regional and local authorities.
Contribution to the EUSAIR consultation process and contribution to the functioning of the Thematic Commission of the Adriatic Ionian Euroregion. The project produced 7 thematic documents on different topics (Administrative Capacity Building in the Adriatic-Ionian Macro-Region, Consultation action of Italian regions involved in the pathway of the Eusair Strategy, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) development, Youth policy in the Adriatic and Ionian Region, Tourism in the Adrigov Area: competitiveness, internationalization and sustainability, Civil Protection Systems of the Adriatic and Ionian Countries, Institutional cooperation and development: document on Multilevel Governance in the implementation of EU Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region);
Awareness raising about the EU benefits among citizens, achieved through a dedicated video.
Awareness raising about the EUSAIR strategy and its pillars achieved through a video documentary.
Improvement of the capacity of the partnership and of regional stakeholders to deal with the macro-regional issues and instruments, the EUSAIR process and the multilevel governance in general.