EUROPE – ADRIATIC SEA – WAY FREIGHT
- Priority and Measure
Measure 3.2 - Sustainable Mobility Systems
Priority 3 – Accessibility and Networks
- EUSAIR Pillars
- Environmental quality, blue growth, connecting region
- Type of Project
- Luigi Zanin /Andrea Ballarin
- Interviewee role
- Project Manager / Consultant
- Veneto Region, Logistics Section
- firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
- +39 041 2792105 / +39 3271675323
- Project website
- Budget in euros
|Role||Name||City||Country||Contact person||Email / website|
|Lead Partner||Veneto Region||Venice||Italy||Andrea Ballarinfirstname.lastname@example.org www.regione.veneto.it|
|Partner 1||Corfu Port Authority||Corfu||Greece||Erato Malisianouemail@example.com|
|Partner 2||Abruzzo Region||Pescara||Italy||Cinzia Liberatorefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 3||Venice Port Authority||Venice||Italy||Claudia Forzanemail@example.com|
|Partner 4||Ravenna Port Authority||Ravenna||Italy||Ester Sorrentino||Ester.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 5||Chamber of Commerce of Molise||Campobasso||Italy||Sorrentino Faticaemail@example.com|
|Partner 6||Finest Spa||Pordenone||Italy||Luisa Corbellettofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 7||ITL||Ravenna||Italy||Chiara Iorfida||CIorfida@regione.emilia-romagna.it|
|Partner 8||Chamber of Commerce of Serbia||Belgrade||Serbia||Goran Ilicemail@example.com|
|Partner 9||Alma Mons||Novi Sad||Serbia||Milica Vracaricfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 10||Dubrovnik Neretva County||Dubrovnik||Croatia||Cedo Vukovicemail@example.com|
|Partner 11||Levante Port Authority||Bari||Italy||Isabella Convertinofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 12||Chamber of Commerce of Primorska||Koper||Slovenia||Tina Lenardicemail@example.com|
|Partner 13||Marche Region||Ancona||Italy||Nikoleta Maslovarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 14||Italia Coast Guard||Rome||Italy||Salvatore Basilicòemail@example.com|
|Partner 15||Ministry of Montenegro||Podgorica||Montenegro||Tanja Dasicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 16||University of Sarajevo||Sarajevo||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Fadila Kisoemail@example.com|
Boosting cooperation activities across the IPA area so as to find common solutions to the challenges of improving freight transport infrastructures and services was the main goal of the EASYCONNECTING Project. It aimed at fulfilling and implementing on the ground the new European transport policies and recommendations (TEN-T Guidelines, 2011 White Paper on Transport) the main freight transport corridors and their effective management including all the key stakeholders, by incentivizing the role of ports and logistic platforms towards the deployment of more efficient, safety and environmental friendly solutions. The project was an experimental tool which supported the new Adriatic Ionian Macroregion by stimulating the discussion and providing recommendations on the key transport and logistics priorities to be pursued in the next programming period and to be financed by EU funded Programmes.
What has been done during the project in order to achieve its main goal(s)?
The project aimed at finding innovative solutions for addressing the key challenges of better environmental performance, more efficient and fast transport services, more qualified and skillful operators and a more interconnected and functional transport network. Among the most relevant outputs/activities:
– Project website, detailed analysis of freight flow in the IPA Region
– Investment planning manual, Capitalization and sustainability plan and strategy, Catalogue of best practices
– Communication and press office activities, organization of events, conferences, seminars for capacity building and skills enhancement
– Reports on bottlenecks and on the deployment of the most innovative multimodal transport solutions
– Pre-feasibility studies and business plans for cross-borders new maritime freight services and routes
– Micro investment projects, Corridor platform model
– Surveys on the transport and logistic territorial context and an informative platform concerning labor regulations and employees’ rights in the IPA Region
– Definition of common position papers, Cross border agreements and new cooperation networks
– Design of the network of the IT systems and their standard interfaces (ICT prototype)
– Enhancement of local Port Community Systems and development of a prototype application for the integration with other IT systems
– Common procedures to mitigate the risk of congestion accidents and reduce environmental pollution in the Adriatic area.
Which are the project main results/impacts?
Result/Impact 1: ANALYSIS OF TRAFFIC FLOWS AND BOTTLENECKS IN THE IPA AREA
Depth studies on the state of the art of bottlenecks analysis in the IPA area together with clearer identification of flows and potential evolutions of traffic flows within the area also considering the development of market trends.
Result/Impact 2: INSTITUTIONAL COOPERATION AND CAPACITY BUILDING
Strict cooperation between partners and the involved stakeholders, especially at institutional level, with strong interaction in specific sectors (ICT/capacity building, etc.)
Result/Impact 3: INFRASTRUCTURAL INTERVENTIONS TO IMPROVE TRAFFIC FLOWS
Implementation of structural interventions solving critical bottlenecks in some of the traffic nodes of the area as well as enhancement of some missing links regarding the infrastructural development.
Result/Impact 4: IDENTIFICATION OF PRIORITIES FOR A SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT SYSTEM
Deeper knowledge of obstacles hampering the development of the transport sector within the area as well as agreements on the prioritizations to be underlined at institutional level in order to improve this sector thus paving the way to a more sustainable transport system.