Low Enthalpy Geothermal Energy Demonstration cases for Energy Efficient building in Adriatic area
- Priority and Measure
Measure 2.3 – Energy Saving and Renewable Energy Resources
Priority 2 - Natural and cultural resources and risk prevention
- EUSAIR Pillars
- Sustainable tourism, environmental quality
- Type of Project
- Marco Meggiolaro
- Interviewee role
- Project coordinator
- EURIS on behalf of the Province of Ferrara
- +39 049 8043311
- Project website
- website expired
- Budget in euros
|Role||Name||City||Country||Contact Person||Email contact/ website|
|Lead Partner||Province of Ferrara||Ferrara||Italy||Annamaria Pangallofirstname.lastname@example.org - www.provincia.fe.it|
|Partner 1||Geological Survey of Slovenia (GeoZS)||Ljubljana||Slovenia||Joerg Prestor||Joerg.Prestor@GEO-ZS.SI|
|Partner 2||IRENA – Istrian Regional Energy Agency Ltd||Pula||Croatia||Dalibor Jovanovic||Dalibor.Jovanovic@irena-istra.hr|
|Partner 3||LIR – Local Development Initiative||Banja Luka||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Branko Zlokapaemail@example.com|
|Partner 4||Emilia Romagna Region||Bologna||Italy||Attilio Raimondi||ARaimondi@regione.emilia-romagna.it|
|Partner 5||Regione Veneto||Venice||Italy||Dario Tosoni||Dario.Tosoni@regione.veneto.it|
|Partner 6||Bashkia Shkoder – Municipality of Shkodra||Shkodra||Albaniafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 7||Province of Teramo||Teramo||Italy||Federica Marcelliniemail@example.com|
|Partner 8||REDASP – Regional Economic Development Agency for Sumadija and Pomoravlje||Kragujevac||Serbia||Ana Mihajlovicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 9||Municipality of Danilovgrad||Danilovgrad||Montenegro||Darko Mraljevicemail@example.com|
|Partner 10||DUNEA – Regional Development Agency Dubrovnik Neretva Region||Dubrovnik||Croatia||Tomislav Rudinicafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partner 11||Puglia Region||Bari||Italy||Michele Chiecoemail@example.com|
|Partner 12||Montenegro Green Building Council||Podgorica||Montenegro||James Collinsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The LEGEND project aimed to demonstrate, thanks to the realization of 9 demonstrative low enthalpy energy building refurbishment (4 in Italy, 2 in Croatia, 1 in Albania, 1 in Montenegro, 1 in Bosnia Herzegovina) and 3 pre-investment feasibility studies (1 in Italy, 1 in Serbia and 1 in Slovenia) that low-enthalpy geothermal energy is based on a feasible, cost effective and mature technique, with an outstanding potential to mitigate GHG emissions and energy saving.
What has been done during the project in order to achieve its main goal(s)?
- 12 benchmark reports (1 per region), that provide a picture of the geothermal energy potential in each partner’s region,
- 9 GCHP energy refurbishment of pilot buildings through the heat pumps installation, identified as following project demo cases: High School Civita G. Monaco di Pomposa in Codigoro, Ferrara (IT); High School “Marie Curie” in Giulianova, Teramo + Technical Industrial Institute, Sant’Egidio alla Vibrata, Teramo (IT); Masseria “Oasi le Cesine” farm building at nature reserve in Vernole, Apulia Region (IT); Pjerina Verbanac Nursery Extension in the Labin City (HR); Radio Srbac/House of Culture building in Municipality of Srbac (BiH); Elementary School Opuzen in Dubrovnik Neretva County (HR); Kindergarden Ismet Sali Brucaj in Shkodra city (AL); Cultural centre of Danilovgrad (MNE).
- 9 LCA analysis (one per building) for the quantification of the environmental impacts associated to the GCHP-refurbishments. The LCA developed in all LEGEND demo-site have identified all the input and output of the product system under study, i.e. energy, materials and waste flows, and their impact on the environment with an holistic perspective, starting from the raw material extraction to the end of life phase (disposal/recovery/recycling), in a so called “from cradle to grave” approach
- 3 pre-investments analysis to trigger important infrastructural investments carried out in Veneto Region (IT), Oblano-kraska region (SI); Sumadija and Pomoravlje Region (SRB)
Which are the project main results/impacts?
254,55 kW/year of energy produced; 246,22 tons/year of CO2 savings; 92,71 of TOE/year production; 82,6 of TOE/year savings produced by the nine GCHP pilots and monitored by the installation of 9 ICT monitoring systems displaced in each pilot site, available in internet
1 technology guidelines that analyses all interventions steps carried out in the 9 GCHP systems and goes through the basic dilemmas that each investor has to face when considering investment into geothermal based heating/cooling system in the Adriatic space.
1 cross-border final memorandum to address some crucial factors for the large-scale introduction of geothermal heat pumps in the Adriatic area
1 international final publication of LEGEND project “Ground Source Heat Pumps. An overview on the potential in Adriatic Area and the Balkans. The results of the LEGEND project and the market perspectives” ISBN: 978-88-902471-8-7 and 10 local final publication focusing on the project results achieved locally and the replication potential